Guns - Firearms - Weapons Offenses
Orlando Weapons Offenses Defense Attorney
Weapons and firearns charges are considered serious crimes under Florida law. It is illegal to conceal a firearm without a proper license, but if you have the proper permit you may carry a concealed firearm. However, even when you have a license, violating any restriction may result in you still facing legal obstacles, including criminal charges.
Being arrested with a firearm without the proper permit or license is a whole different situation. The ramifications of weapons charges under this condition is extremely serious; especially if you are arrested with firearm during the course of another crime.
In 1999 the State of Florida, in an effort to be a pioneering State in reducing and eventually eliminating violent crimes involving firearms, passed and entered into law the 10-20-Life Statue included in 775.087 which stipulates:
- A minimum 10 year prison term for certain felonies, or attempted felonies in which the offender possesses a firearm or destructive device;
- A minimum 20 year prison term when the firearm is discharged;
- A minimum 25 years to LIFE if someone is injured or killed;
- A minimum 3 year prison term for possession of a firearm by a felon;
- The minimum prison term is to be served consecutively to any other term of imprisonment imposed.
The experienced Orlando firearm defense attorney at our law office, represents the legal rights and goals of those facing criminal gun - weapon - firearm charges in Orlando, or in any other place in Central Florida. For a confidential legal consultation, please call (407) 648-0006, or fill out our online form today.
There are many weapon and firearm criminal offenses that, if found guilty, could range from a simple fine, suspension of a firearm permit, up to life imprisonment, or even the death penalty. Our firm handles firearm charge cases that are not capital crimes which carry the death penalty for a conviction.
The 10-20-Life provisions apply to the following offenses:
- Aggravated Assault (3 year min/man applies for actual possession of firearm);
- Possession Firearm by Felon (3 year min/man applies for actual possession of firearm);
- Burglary of Conveyance (3 year min/man applies for actual possession of firearm);
- Sexual Battery;
- Aggravated Abuse of the Elderly or Disabled;
- Aggravated Child Abuse;
- Unlawful discharge of a destructive device or bomb;
- Home-invasion robbery;
- Aggravated Stalking;
- Trafficking in a controlled substance; and
If you have questions, concerns, or legal needs regarding weapon - firearm charge defense or other criminal defense issues, we urge you to seek the legal advice of an experienced Orlando firearm defense attorney from our defense law firm as soon as possible. We have represented many clients in the past and we will be honored to defend your legal rights too. Our goal would be to seek to have the charges dropped, reduced, seek probation instead of jail or prison time and, when necessary, ensure you are given the best possible defense in a trial.
If you are charged with a Firearm Crime or Violation, including unlawfully carrying a concealed weapon, it is important to be well informed regarding the charges against you, your legal rights, options which may be available to you, viable defense strategies, and if the case goes to trial, aggressive defense of your legal rights and freedoms. Call us today for a free initial consultation.
Contact our Orlando Firearm Defense Attorney
If you or someone you care about requires professional legal services regarding weapons or firearms charge defense in Orlando or within the Central Florida area, be proactive and seek the legal advice of the experienced Orlando firearm defense attorney from our law firm as soon as possble. Call us today for a free and confidential consultation at (407) 648-0006. You may also fill out our online form provided on this page and we will get back to you shortly.